DreamHost is one of the oldest web hosting services and has been operating since 1996. With over 4 lakh customers, 1.5 million websites and 7,50,000 WordPress installations, it is one of the best web hosting options for all the website owners out there.
This award-winning web hosting service provider comes with lucrative features that can appeal to any web developer. It allows web developers to launch cloud servers in a fraction of seconds. And also supports multiple apps like MongoDB, Redis and Ruby on Rails.
You will be glad to know that DreamHost is an OpenStack Foundation Gold Member, and it is highly committed towards Open Source in the form of community leadership, financial backing, coding contributions etc.
DreamHost offers whopping 97 days refund policy. So, you get enough time to decide whether or not to continue with the same before finally investing in it.
Want to know more about DreamHost? Scroll down and read on!
Features of DreamHost
Below-given are some of the most attractive features of DreamHost as claimed by the company:
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 100% uptime
- SSDs offers improved reliability and speed
- Unlimited data storage
- User-friendly proprietary control panel
- 1 click installation facility
- Unlimited email addresses
- Round the clock support
- Unlimited domain names
Advantages of using DreamHost as your web hosting service
There is umpteen number of pros about using DreamHost. Here is the elaborate list:
- Anytime cancellation facility available: The majority of the web hosts have a 30 or 45-days policy. But DreamHost is really unique in this case. They have a money back policy of up to 97 days. Users are quite happy with over three months of the trial period. Also, rest assured as DreamHost does not have any hidden terms and conditions. So, there is absolutely no risk of the cancellation of the refund. Besides, DreamHost allows users to pay month to month. This makes the cancellation process easy.
- Unlimited disk space as well as network transfer limits: DreamHost comes with multiple “unlimited” features. One of them is unlimited disk space and bandwidth. So, you need not worry about issues like network transfer and disk storage as your website gets popular.
Make sure the website is built properly. Also, note that VPS servers, email and DreamPress do not come under the unlimited policy. The limit of the email is up to 2 GB only. MySQL databases also stay under a few GB size. So, if you have a relatively small site, then DreamHost’s shared server is a perfect option for you.
- Impressive basic plan: The starter pack of DreamHost is quite decent and impressive. It costs around $2.59 every month. The basic plan includes one website and a free domain name. Also, SSL certification will be provided. The basic website will be able to tackle unlimited bandwidth or traffic as well as storage. DreamHost comes with its very own website builder Remixer. But you can also choose from other options Weebly, SquareSpace, Wix and so on. Users can also find options like Drupal, Joomla, Shopify, Tumblr and so on.
The best part is that WordPress comes pre-installed with DreamHost. Also, the verification system is swift and convenient.
- Eco-friendly web hosting service provider: If you have been looking for an environmentally-conscious web host, then DreamHost needs to be your ideal option. DreamHost makes sure that it reduces the carbon footprint of the servers. Also, they have installed “high efficiency” coolants and processors. DreamHost also focuses on “clean wind” programs so as to harness renewable energy resources. They also use EnergyStar certified equipment, HVAC systems, and LED lighting systems.
- Custom-made control panel: The custom-made DreamHost control panel is beginner-friendly and easy to navigate. Managing databases, websites, billing, email etc., is quite easy.
- Free of cost WordPress site migration: DreamHost now offers the feature of free site migration as well. Also, the migration process is simple and does not take much time. For WordPress sites, site migration comes free of cost.
Shortcomings of using DreamHost
Now that you know the pros of using DreamHost, go through the cons as well as understand both aspects properly.
- The slow average speed of 1350 ms: Loading time is a significant aspect that one needs to keep in mind while choosing a web host. The page speed impacts the visitor bounce rate tremendously. Also, SEO strategy gets affected by the slow loading time of your website. But DreamHost has an average loading time of 1350 ms. This has been the case for the past year or so.
- Limited chat support: The chat support system is not as efficient as it should be. When a user clicks on the small messaging icon, he comes across a few pre-set answers. The chatbot cannot answer the queries as efficiently as a human being would have done. Although they claim to be available round the clock, the live chat support system is available from 3 pm to 9:30 pm only.
- Poor uptime of 99.84%: The average uptime of DreamHost is about 99.84%, with 14 hours of downtime. This can reduce the traffic inflow to your website. But DreamHost offers an uptime guarantee to the users.
In our opinion, DreamHost is definitely a risk worth taking. Although it is offering an average performance in terms of uptime and speed, earlier DreamHost has offered impeccable services. So, the current situation can be considered a temporary glitch.
Besides, the 97 days trial period can give you ample opportunity to check whether it caters to your requirement or not. The ability to pay the charges monthly, unlimited disk space and storage, and free of cost WordPress migration makes DreamHost quite effective and beneficial for website owners.
Its high performance, feasible pricing and swift adaptation abilities make it one of the most popular choices among multiple website owners. It will not be wrong to say that the advantages outweigh the drawbacks. And hence you should definitely give this web host a try for swift website transformation and rapid growth.