There are multiple web hosting service providers out there. But to choose the best one as per your requirement is indeed a difficult job. If you are in search of an impeccable quality web hosting service, then you should definitely try Hostinger once. We have covered the significant aspects that would help you to make a smart and well-informed choice. Let’s read on and know more!
A tad bit about Hostinger:
This is one of the most popular and feasible shared web hosting service providers. This means when you use the basic version of Hostinger, your site will share a single server’s expenses and resources. This brings down the cost of web hosting manifolds.
Hostinger commenced its journey in the year 2007. At that time, its name was 000webhost.com. The brand Hostinger came into existence in the year 2011. It had accomplished a user base of around ten million people by 2014. By January 2017, Hostinger achieved the target of 29 million users.
Basic information about Hostinger:
- Uptime: It offers an uptime of about 99.74% or 99.99%.
- Speed: Hostinger offers a speed of 382 ms
- Support: The web hosting service provider offers support systems like ticketing, round-the-clock live chat, and knowledge base.
- Apps: OpenCart, WordPress, Joomla, PrestaShop, and Drupal
- Site transfer: It offers a single free site transfer
- Hosting plans: Hostinger offers shared, VPS, and Cloud web hosting service
- Price range: For first-time users, the price is $1.39 every month. For renewal, they charge $2.99 per month.
- Beginner-friendly: The beginner plan includes everything that a beginner user may want to have. Hostinger offers everything, ranging from performance tools to ample resources. They have three shared hosting plans for users – single, premium, and business. They work seamlessly on hPanel, and come with convenient WordPress auto installations.
The basic plan comes with 30 GB disk space, 1 email account, 100GB of bandwidth, and support for a single website. Users can easily showcase their creativity, writing, products, services, etc.
Both the advanced plans offer unlimited bandwidth, unlimited websites, and unlimited email accounts. The basic plan, however, does not have the feature of automatic daily backups.
- Impeccable basic features on hPanel, but not-so-impressive advanced ones: Hostinger has its very own proprietary control panel. There won’t be your favorite cPanel with which you are familiar. hPanel is equipped with all the essentials that you would need. You will get features like easy and smooth auto installations, a file manager, DNS zones configurations, email accounts, MySQL database, and so on.
- Robust caching because of LiteSpeed web server: Hostinger has a LiteSpeed metal server. It is one of the most reliable and swiftest web servers. LiteSpeed overshadows the previous Apache technology, which is still popular in hosts like GoDaddy. Also, there is no configuration complication as well. Users can activate the caching function of LiteSpeed -LSCache. The automatic cache option creates cached copies of your website pages effortlessly and brings down the delivery times to visitors.
- SSL certification: SSL certificate should be on your priority list. This is the certificate that protects your website from hackers. At present SSL certificate is available with all the three plans of Hostinger.
Some other prominent features of Hostinger are 30 days money-back guarantee, backups, Cloudflare, etc.
Advantages of Hostinger
There are multiple benefits of using the Hostinger web hosting service.
- 30 days money-back guarantee: Hostinger comes with multiple payment options such as MasterCard, Visa, Paypal, Maestro, Bitcoin, Discover, JCB, and American Express. The best part is that Hostinger offers a 30 day money-back policy. So, users can use this period to try the features of the web hosting service. Make sure you go through the refund policy of Hostinger.
- Swift loading time: When you have a slow loading website, your visitors will not stick around for long. In order to avoid this, you can try Hostinger. It offers a fast load time of about 382 ms. Hostinger boasts of stable website loading time in Asia, the USA, and Europe.
- Round the clock, multilingual customer support: You need to choose a web host that offers prolific customer support service. Hostinger offers round the clock, multilingual customer support system. They have live chat options and an integrated intercom facility. Live chat is easily accessible if you are logged into the Hostinger account.
- Free of cost website building and domain name: Hostinger offers free website builders with all three plans. Feel free to choose from multiple templates. Users can easily customize these templates as per their requirements.
- Unlimited features equipped with premium and business plans: When you go for either premium or business plan of Hostinger, you will get unlimited access to free email accounts. Also, you will have access to unlimited databases and bandwidth.
- User-friendly interface: It has a modern and simple interface. You will be able to manage all the domains, update your billing information, keep track of the logins, monitor emails, etc., from the de-cluttered dashboard.
- Feasible pricing: Hostinger has a transparent pricing system. You can get a highly profitable deal by buying the basic plan for 48 months at just $1.49 every month. After 4 years, the renewal charges rise up to $2.99.
Drawbacks of Hostinger
- Inconsistency in uptime: Uptime is one of the most significant aspects that you need to consider while choosing web hosting. Hostinger has been inconsistent in terms of uptime. But the major reason for this inconsistency is the power outage that took place in September 2020.
- Nonstandard payment terms: Domain name renewals, redemption fees, privacy protection, etc., are not refundable.
- Unavailability of cPanel: If you are accustomed to using cPanel, then the hPanel won’t appear much impressive to you.
We recommend using Hostinger at least once. You will be amazed at the high website loading speed. The entry-level, basic plan is decent and can help you with satisfactory features. The Cloud Hosting, premium, and business plans have a plethora of features available at the competitive price range. Also, in case your website is down, you can easily connect with the customer service, which is available for the users 24/7.
Overall, Hostinger is definitely worth the try.